This month was a little different than last month because not only did I have 9 nights of Gonal-F injections (last month I only did 6 nights), I also took a larger dose each day. So 9 nights of the Gonal-F plus the trigger shot (Ovidrel) means I had 10 days in a row of shots. This really didn't bother me too much hormonally, but I did end up with a pretty big bruise on the left side of my stomach. We alternated sides each night for the shots, but I guess that many days in a row just irritated my skin. Other than the bruise, no major issues this month, which is great!!
As you know from my last blog post about infertility, we have decided that if IUI number 6 isn't successful, we are going to take a break from fertility drugs and treatments. We have learned a lot about ourselves and the process of getting pregnant during these past 6 cycles, and we're thankful for the knowledge we now have. However, we have decided if cycle #6 is not a success, we are going to take a break from fertility drugs and treatments for a while. Emotionally, it has been tough getting 5 negatives in a row, on top of the 12 months of trying we did on our own before starting the IUIs. Physically it has also been tough, so if we get another negative, we'll be ready give our minds, hearts, and my body a break.
This month overall has gone really smooth. We are hoping that the extra medication helped us out, and that this is the month God intends for me to get pregnant. I had 5 follicles (eggs to be released) and my last ultrasound, so we are praying that at least one of them will take (Let's be real, I've been hoping for two all along haha). All jokes aside, we will take what God gives us, and at this point, we're simply praying that IUI number 6 is a success. We are now in the two week waiting period, and are hoping to have good news to share next time I post. In the meantime, we'd appreciate if you could pray that IUI number 6 results in a healthy pregnancy!
I came across these bible verses this week, and thought I'd share, ans they are both so appropriate
Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit.
This month overall has gone really smooth. We are hoping that the extra medication helped us out, and that this is the month God intends for me to get pregnant. I had 5 follicles (eggs to be released) and my last ultrasound, so we are praying that at least one of them will take (Let's be real, I've been hoping for two all along haha). All jokes aside, we will take what God gives us, and at this point, we're simply praying that IUI number 6 is a success. We are now in the two week waiting period, and are hoping to have good news to share next time I post. In the meantime, we'd appreciate if you could pray that IUI number 6 results in a healthy pregnancy!
I came across these bible verses this week, and thought I'd share, ans they are both so appropriate
Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment